Berkeley Heights Area Outdoor Pest Control Tips
Tick Prevention Methods
The first line of defense to prevent tick infestation in your yard and landscaping is our 3 annual tick and flea spray treatments at the most optimal times of the year. To help reduce contact with ticks and the possibilities of contracting Lyme disease, we recommend the following:
- Try to keep deer from exploring your property, they are one of the number one carriers of ticks. Replace any plants that are around your home with deer resistant varieties like daffodils, foxgloves, poppies and ornamental salvias. Any plants or flowers with strong scents, deer typically aren’t interested in. We also offer deer repellent spray treatments, also netting, fencing, deterrents etc. will help keep the deer off your property.
- Stay away from brushy areas or cut down any brushy areas.
- Remove any debris piles or old logs that are laying around your property. Rodents and insects will harbor areas like that, so eliminating that area will help in the prevention of ticks.
- Birds are avid tick eaters and will help in the prevention and control of ticks. Place bird feeders around the perimeter of your property.
- Keep all your trees, shrubs and landscaping healthy and maintained.
Keep your family and pets safe with our 3 visit flea and tick control lawn care treatments. Flea and insect control is very effective and is low in toxicity. Call us at (888) 529-6832 to begin your flea and tick lawn care program.